Simple Helvetica is an easy-to-use 3D character model generator that enables you to instantly create text in 3D space for use in games and in GUI with Unity3D. It’s one of Studio Pepwuper’s independent projects and is available now on the Unity3D Asset Store.
– 3D text models (font: Helvetica)
– Script to easily create, update, and generate 3D models in editor and during gameplay
– Easily add box colliders and rigidbody, in editor or during gameplay
– Option to apply Mesh Renderer settings to all characters
– No need to hit Play to see the results
– Full iOS, Android and Flash support (caution: high-poly models could be expensive for performance on mobile devices. Low-poly version to come soon.)
– Full source code – simple C# code
– Support for lighting/shadows, normal mapping, refraction (Unity Pro Only), texturing, Substance…etc
Currently Supported Characters:
What’s to come in the next versions:
– Low-poly text character models
– Additional characters (Let us know which ones to add!)
Note: Helvetica is a trademark of Linotype AG and/or its subsidiaries.